Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Sterling, Garnet and faceted fiery Labradorite Dragonfly

Front

Back

May I present to you -- the latest of my Muse's inspirations! A dragonfly made of 20ga, 28ga and 30ga sterling silver that has been cut, bent, balled, soldered and FINALLY woven...This was a fun exploration of new techniques and tools.

The initial intent was for it to be a necklace pendant but I believe this one will be more suited as a pin and one of heavier gauge wire for the body be fashioned as a pendant. This is nice and lightweight and would work perfectly as a pin...How to attach the pin finding (without glue of course!) will be the next challenge. :) *see update below!*

Dimensions: 2" from top to bottom x 3" wingspan

Click here to see more information on this piece.

Oh! By the way, I also made the flower the dragonfly is sitting on. It is made from shells I collected from our beach. :) If you would like one of your own, I have them for sale in my mom's store in Claremore, OK. It comes complete with a poem I wrote -- the roses symbolizing our walk with Christ and our lives as broken shells.


UPDATE! I am very pleased to say that the dragonfly is now a PIN! I sat down this evening with wire and tools and was able to fashion a pin back and successfully wrap it onto the back side of the body. Nice and tidy! PERFECTO!!!

2 comments:

  1. love it!!! Would be great as a pin.. and a present for my mother-in-law lol

    shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. That can certainly be arranged!! :)
    It says I can't reply to your post directly so, feel free to e-mail me at kat@katscustomkreations.com and I will be more than happy to discuss it with you.
    Kat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!